View Full Version : How to include the Dell Axim Switch Bar during startup?

cdcooker
01-02-2003, 06:01 AM
I like the Switch Bar program comes with the Axim X5. But I hate to lauch it whenver I reset my Axim. This program doesn't have any configuration option. Please let me know if you know how to lauch Switch Bar automatically after each reset.

Thanks

stitics
01-02-2003, 06:09 AM
I am no expert on these things, but shouldn't you be able to create a shortcut to it in the desktop explorer and place that in your PDA's \windows\startup directory.
hope that helps.

Kati Compton
01-02-2003, 06:11 AM
I like the Switch Bar program comes with the Axim X5. But I hate to lauch it whenver I reset my Axim. This program doesn't have any configuration option. Please let me know if you know how to lauch Switch Bar automatically after each reset.

Either in File Explorer on the Axim or with the one you can use on the desktop through ActiveSync when your Axim's connected to the PC, browse to the Switcher program, which I believe is \Windows\Switcher.exe. Do a "copy" on that. Then browse to \Windows\StartUp and do "Paste Shortcut". Make sure it's a SHORTCUT you paste, though, not the program itself.

cdcooker
01-02-2003, 06:40 AM
Hi Stitics and Kati42,

Thank you very much for your quick answer. I just followed your instruction and it just works greatly. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks
cdcooker

Kati Compton
01-02-2003, 06:48 AM
Anytime.

Computer Ninja
01-05-2003, 09:23 AM
Thanks for your help friends. I was wondering how the OS worked (I'm new to PocketPC 2002). I wanted to know if I could turn off some of the startup apps that run, like my AT&T Connection Manger software (for using my T68i to get online via IR).