View Full Version : Problem with WMP 8.5 - illegal operation

ghoonk
01-02-2003, 04:53 AM
I'm getting the error message:

"Application player.exe has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor

Program: player.exe
Exception: 0xc0000094
Address: 01fcf1ac"

This problem crops up every time I try to open WMP on my 3970 running EUU3 update. I have a 256 MB SD card with WMA files in it.

However, when the SD card is removed, WMP opens fine, and after it loads, I can safely reinsert the card and my media files show up accordingly.

Does anyone know what is causing this problem and how I can resolve it? I can't find anything in the MS Knowledge Base to address this.

Pony99CA
01-02-2003, 06:39 AM
I'm getting the error message:

"Application player.exe has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor

Program: player.exe
Exception: 0xc0000094
Address: 01fcf1ac"

This problem crops up every time I try to open WMP on my 3970 running EUU3 update. I have a 256 MB SD card with WMA files in it.

However, when the SD card is removed, WMP opens fine, and after it loads, I can safely reinsert the card and my media files show up accordingly.

Does anyone know what is causing this problem and how I can resolve it? I can't find anything in the MS Knowledge Base to address this.
You wouldn't have another (older) copy of Windows Media Player on that SD card, would you? It sounds like you could have a DLL or system file conflict on the SD card. I wouldn't think the card would get searched by default, though.

Are you launching Windows Media Player from the program's icon or by double-tapping a media file?

Steve

ghoonk
01-02-2003, 07:58 AM
No copies of WMP on the SD card, though many of the files have been encoded in the old WMA v8 format. Not sure about driver conflicts though, as I don't see any DLLs stored in the SD card.

I'm launching WMP from the Start Menu, not by running a WMA file.

Running a WMA file, however, does not throw up the error. How odd... 8O

Latest update: Just deleted all the media files from my SD card. No luck. As long as the SD card inserted when WMP is run from Start Menu, the error comes up. No problems otherwise. ARGHHHHH :evil: