View Full Version : Casio E-125 - need advice and some info, please

nork
01-02-2003, 04:33 AM
I got such a deal on this unit I had to buy it. After I read some reviews and playing with it a bit, I am pretty happy with my purchase. In the past, I have had 3 palm pilots, all of which died on me when dropped. So I said I would never buy another palm pilot again.

But I would like to get some info as this is totally different from the palm pilot, although I do see that the tasks, todo, etc are much the same. I also see another section where I can learn to move my palm data over to the casio. Great!

I installed pocket street 2000 and proceeded to download the map for Detroit from m\soft, only to find it doesnt work as the map was made for the 2002 version, which I hear has to be purchased.

Can anyone email me a map for Detroit or Dearborn Mi that will work on either the 2000 or 2001? I did manage to get my hands on a version of 2001, guess it was still free then too.

Any other advice or info to give me a kick-start would be appreciated.
Like where to get free progs that are useful and any other info that I could use.

Thanks in advance. You can email me at [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> for anything that you dont want to discuss on this forum.

thank you

smokinvegas
01-02-2003, 05:09 AM
Hope that you enjoy your new e-125. Keep following this forum you will meet alot of great people here. My favorite app for the e-115 I own is pocket facelift go to www.pocketfacelift.com hope you enjoy.

ps welcome to the pocket pc world
"can your palm do that"

nork
01-02-2003, 05:47 AM
Thanks very much!! Great site!!

Pony99CA
01-02-2003, 06:25 AM
Any other advice or info to give me a kick-start would be appreciated.
Like where to get free progs that are useful and any other info that I could use.

Here's my usual freeware site recommendation (http://www.freewareppc.com).

Steve

nork
01-02-2003, 07:34 PM
thanks, will check it out!!

nork
01-02-2003, 07:36 PM
I did manage to get a copy of pocket stree 2001 and a map of Detroit.

If anyone wants either of these please let me know.