View Full Version : Some questions about PPC apps and Desktops.

palmtoppc
12-31-2002, 09:06 AM
Hello all,

I recieved an Axim X5 400mhz for xmas and have been enjoying it. I have a quick question about what I need to do once I get a new desktop pc. I've installed the following apps on my PPC:

Palm Reader
Pocket TV
Hearts, Minesweeper and Reversi
Acrobat Reader 1.0

I'm getting a new PC very soon and I wanted to know if I need to reinstall any of these apps again? I assume I would have to for them to convert the PC files to PPC format via ActiveSync. If I do would they end up on my PPC twice?

I'm not worried about Palm Reader because it has a seperate program to convert and install/remove. Its just the others I'm not to sure about. I guess I just don't know what is needed on the PC.

Thanks,
palmtoppc

spursdude
12-31-2002, 09:49 AM
You won't need to reinstall the apps. They will still remain on your PPC with full functionality. However, you won't be able to add/remove those programs from your PPC while working on your new PC. That's really no big deal, however, since you can do it on your PPC.

There's no duplicate files or conversions or anything complicated when you migrate PCs. Hope this helps.

palmtoppc
12-31-2002, 11:56 PM
Cool, thx spursdude.

Janak Parekh
01-01-2003, 02:51 AM
That's mostly true, with the exception of Acrobat Reader. I'd suggest you reinstall that on the desktop, as it adds additional functionality to ActiveSync so that when you copy PDF's onto the handheld, it "tags" them to make it easier to read.

I'm pretty sure the others don't matter.

--janak