View Full Version : activesync via IR problem

SRoberts
12-30-2002, 09:48 PM
Just got my Axim for Christmas, and my first day back to work I decided not to lug my cradle in. Instead I was going to make it throught the day by IR syncing, but it is not to be. For some reason I can not sync via IR. I did it once a day after receving my Axim, just to try it out and it worked flawlessley. But not now.

Now, when I open Activesync on the Axim and go to Tools>Connect via IR, then line the IR port up with my laptop (the same laptop I used the one time it worked), they do not "connect". I put "connect" in quotes because they do actually see one another, and I can transfer files from my laptop to my Axim via IR, but can not get Activesync to connect. (I am running Win2000 Pro and Acitvesync is running on the laptop.)

Any thoughts on what might be wrong?

I've tried a soft reset on the Axim and a reboot on my laptop, but end up with the same results.

This is insanely frustrating, especially since I sold my Treo 90 to a buddy at the office hoping to get the Axim for Christmas, extolling the virtues of PPC over Palm, and now that I have it I can't even IR sync!!!!!!! I can't stand the humiliation!!!! (OK, it isn't that bad, but it is bothersome.)

Jhokur2k
12-30-2002, 10:08 PM
Oops, reread the post... you might try going into Services, and stopping the Infrared Transfer *going from memory, don't shoot me* service, and retrying. Also make sure in ActiveSync the option for serial communication is checked.

SRoberts
12-30-2002, 10:41 PM
Thanks. It was the connection setting on my laptop. I didn't have the "IR" port selected under "Allow serial connections".

Woohoo!!