View Full Version : Nyditot virtual display, on a Dell?

TheBacklash
12-30-2002, 08:16 PM
Has anyone had this installed on a Dell?

I had Js Landscape on my old Ipaq, used it from time to time. But last night I wanted to put it on my Dell.... Don't do it. Result was my first Hard reset on the Axim. http://www.thebacklash.com/emote/censored.gif

So... After a hard reset and re-installing my software... I'm back to where I was.

But now i'm a little worried about trying nyditot after this... I'm sure the older version I had, which says ARM, should have worked on the Dell, maybe the graphics difference of the Dell is not compatible with the version I had. Needless to say I am *not* going to try this again unless there is proof that it does work...

So with that said, does anyone use it on a Dell? :roll:
[/code]

esieracki
12-30-2002, 09:25 PM
It's funny that you should say that.

I've run both JSLandscape and the Nyditot version. I haven't had any problems with either one. Nyditot was a little annoying in that I couldn't tap on anything on the screen when I had bumped up the resolution to 800x600.

I just installed JSLandscape and it hasn't died yet. We'll see.

What happened when yours puked?

Sslixtis
12-30-2002, 09:38 PM
I would imagine it was a version difference. The older versions of JS Landscape gave me a hard time on my iPaq until I got the latest version :wink: Haven't tried it on my Axim, just seems to be too much trouble :(

TheBacklash
12-30-2002, 10:22 PM
what happened?

Well it loaded just fine.

I opened Landscape up, and it gave me the choices, still working fine.
I selected the landscape function, then hit the apply and reset... the "Dell blue creen" turned on and just sat there for 20 minutes.

Tried Soft reset, nothing.
power button was not responding...
I pulled the battery pack off... waited then put it back on... nothing.
tried everything before doing the hard reset.
Dell gives you the option when a Hard reset is done to either completly set it back to normal, or continue on. I thought it would maybe clear all memory.... nope.

Hard reset was last resort, and only thing that worked.

I think it was version 2, It's older, never really updated it I guess...

If nyditot works with Dell... I'll give it a shot. But am doing a complete backup this time, just to make sure. (the one thing I was planning to do, just forgot to do... Backed it up right after re-installing everything last night)

Just looked it up, Js Landscape is at 3.11 now... and what do you know... NOW supports Xscale http://www.thebacklash.com/emote/brickwall.gif

Please state on the website that JSL does not compatible with all X-Scale model of the Pocket PC and we are working on fixing this problem.
From jimmysoftware.com

Rirath
12-31-2002, 01:15 AM
I bought Nyditot but I'm thinking of trying to return it at Handango.

It works so far as it will switch res, flip the screen, etc... and you can pan and such, but when you switch the res up and pan around, you can't click anything on the screen at all. So, it's rather useless for anything more than landscape viewing.

I've posted on the official form and sent email to support, and I still haven't got any responce in 5 days. :evil:

Computer Ninja
01-05-2003, 09:27 AM
what happened?

Well it loaded just fine.

I opened Landscape up, and it gave me the choices, still working fine.
I selected the landscape function, then hit the apply and reset... the "Dell blue creen" turned on and just sat there for 20 minutes.

Tried Soft reset, nothing.
power button was not responding...
I pulled the battery pack off... waited then put it back on... nothing.
tried everything before doing the hard reset.
Dell gives you the option when a Hard reset is done to either completly set it back to normal, or continue on. I thought it would maybe clear all memory.... nope.

Hard reset was last resort, and only thing that worked.

I think it was version 2, It's older, never really updated it I guess...

If nyditot works with Dell... I'll give it a shot. But am doing a complete backup this time, just to make sure. (the one thing I was planning to do, just forgot to do... Backed it up right after re-installing everything last night)

Just looked it up, Js Landscape is at 3.11 now... and what do you know... NOW supports Xscale http://www.thebacklash.com/emote/brickwall.gif

Please state on the website that JSL does not compatible with all X-Scale model of the Pocket PC and we are working on fixing this problem.
From jimmysoftware.com

I had the same problem with JS Landscape 2. When I tried version 3, my problems went away. However, I'm not SUPER thrilled with it. I think it's slow. Is it just me?