View Full Version : How to set up pocket pc with T39mc using gprs?

samfre
12-30-2002, 05:56 AM
I am using bluetooth connection between my pocket loox and ericsson t39mc to access the internet. But how to set up my phone in order to use the gprs ( I had gprs with my mobile phone service) for faster speed? :?:

marlof
12-30-2002, 07:27 AM
You don't actually set up your phone to do that. If you have a GPRS plan, and you have GPRS reception, you should have a black triangle above the strength of signal bars indicating that you can use GPRS. To start a GPRS session, you'd have to log on to your GPRS network. How depends on the network you're using. To use a Pocket PC connected to a GPRS enabled Bluetooth phone, see http://www.ppcw.net/downloads/T39_R520_3X70_Configuration_%20guide13.pdf for a .pdf file on how to do such with a Compaq 3800 series. If you stick to a similar route on your Loox (which has a different Bluetooth interface, but same or better functionality) you'd be fine. To get a GPRS connection it's important that you have the right dial-up number (should be *99#), and the right APN to fill in on the extra-string dial modem commands in Connection Manager.

JvanEkris
12-30-2002, 10:30 AM
I use the same combo.

If you create a bond between the Loox and the T39m and make it visible all the time (show always in Plugfree), you go to the services the t39m provides in plugfree. You see internet and tap it. There you can see the dialup connection. Tap it, and the loox asks for a phone-number (*99#)and a user-id and password.

When you are lucky it connects right away, the T39m already has its APN filled in. If you are not this connection will fail. But then you close this session of plugfree, go to the connections and you will find an internet connection with a very long number (the mac-adress of your phone) followed by [DUN]. There you insert the rest of your data as described in the manual by Marlof and it should work.

Jaap