View Full Version : Leaving CF cards in Axim

Xtreme23
12-30-2002, 05:54 AM
Hey i read somewhere someone writing about how if you leave your CF card in the Axim and not using it ... it continues to drain the power even more....suggesting that if you're not using the cf card to remove it. or risk dramatic increase of power drainage and even if you're not using it.. is this true?

TheBacklash
12-30-2002, 06:01 AM
Hard to say, I know that any Pocketpc still drains the battery when it's off, but will it drain it more with a CF card in the slot?

I don't know. But the Axim with a SD card and a CF card in still has the longest battery life of any PocketPc I have ever had....

Personaly i wouldn't worry about it.

spursdude
12-30-2002, 06:39 AM
I dunno, but I've never had a problem with battery drain with my Maestro and CF card. I wouldn't worry about it, unless you're gonna leave your Axim lying around for a few weeks.

Janak Parekh
12-30-2002, 04:42 PM
I'd say for the vast majority of CF cards the drain is absolutely minimal-- when the unit's off you're not going to see any. There were once a batch of bad CF cards that caused a lot of drain, but only when in use anyway.

--janak

phxflyboy
12-31-2002, 11:07 AM
I keep a 128mb CF card and a 128mb SD card in all the time and have noticed no increased battery drain. I'm still impressed with the battery life and the speed of recharge!

phxflyboy

nosmohtac
01-05-2003, 07:58 AM
I don't think that cf/sd cards draw any power when not in use.
I have a jornada 568 and leav my cf in all the time and have not noticed a problem with it. Although, I did notice that the jornada has a check box option in settings/power that allows you to keep power for CF card.

I believe that option was put there for other than memory cards. I don't know for sure but it might be an option that could be used for a card like the new cf fm tuner card that is now available. Maybe you could turn your device off and still keep power to the fm tuner card. (Just a guess)

I know this is a dell forum, I thought the info was relevant though :roll: