View Full Version : Gain 10MB memory in seconds, FREE!!!!

mty
12-30-2002, 12:32 AM
Don't know why I didn't think of this sooner--it's the first place I would have gone to free up memory on a pc. I deleted the temporary internet files from the pocket interent explorer and gained ~10MB!! That'll speed this puppy up.

Now for that pesky ROM upgrade...

KyleC
12-30-2002, 02:53 AM
The amount of memory freed depends on how many pages were placed in the temporary internet files. But yeah, this does tend to free up some memory. You can also temporaraly delete AvantGo channels from your device, thus freeing up space as well. 8) (I love these things! :D :) :lol: )

EDIT: I have to ask: why did you post this in the "Phone Edition" section? Is it under an assumption that the Phone Edition users are the heaviest users of PIE?

mscdex
12-30-2002, 04:40 AM
Or maybe he was using his PPC Phone Edition while typing the message :wink:

Dave Beauvais
12-30-2002, 06:00 AM
Or maybe because Phone Edition devices typically have 32 MB RAM vs. the 64 MB on most other Pocket PCs. Folks doing ROM updates on 32 MB machines may be more likely to run into a lack of RAM during some stages of the upgrade than users of 64 MB machines. :?:

Just thought I'd add my guess. :wink:

--Dave

mty
12-31-2002, 02:32 PM
didn't meen to keep you in suspense, but i posted to this forum b/c this is the forum i track and participate in. the phone edition really is a different ball game--imagine if you had to keep your windows desktop machine stable enough to serve as a phone. i have seen multiple posts complaining of memory problems.

i am in fact posting from the t-mobile now while killing time in the car stereo installation shop...and wondering yet again about the eta of the thumboard. i'm concerned that if they don't have it out by now that they are running into unanticipated technical difficulties.
--mty