View Full Version : FYI Headphone Adapter

Cortex
12-29-2002, 11:52 PM
So I wanted to use my Sony 3.5 mm headphones (Walkman style) with my T-Mobile and wasn't sure if I needed a special adapter, such a the pretty expensive one offered by PCTechs.

But what about Radio Shack?

I bought the Radio Shack "Stereo-to-Stereo Audio Adapter" (part no. 274-373) and am now listening to excellent quality HiFi on my T-Mobile! for only 3 BUCKS!

My only gripe is that it sticks out quite a bit, but for those of you who want to listen to music with higher quality headphones than the ones included with the handheld, this adaptor works well (and the sound quality of the T-Mobile is excellent! ;)

:onfire:

Janak Parekh
12-30-2002, 04:06 AM
The difference between the Radio Shack adapter (which works fine) and the PPCTechs one is that you can still hook up a hands-free kit on the latter at the same time.

--janak

Monty Gibson
12-31-2002, 12:46 PM
The difference between the Radio Shack adapter (which works fine) and the PPCTechs one is that you can still hook up a hands-free kit on the latter at the same time.

--janak

Hands-free kit? Isn't that what speaker phone is for :silly:? I just put it in my holder in my car and just use the speaker phone when I need it. I too went the "Radio Shack" way, but I did mine a little differently. But I don't see a need for a hands-free kit when either:

A.) Jabra now has their non-Bluetooth phone headsets or
B.) PocketPC Phones have speaker phones built in

My $0.02.

Cortex
01-03-2003, 12:29 AM
although the adapter works well, i was concerned that by sticking directly out of the device it might wear out the connector and possibly break the solder.

i came across this site that has better connectors that are also fairly cheap -- including a microphone adaptor.

http://pc-mobile.net/xda.htm