View Full Version : Nav click

Rirath
12-29-2002, 02:40 PM
I'm curious... what function exactly does the nav button do when clicked down? I can't seem to get it to do a thing, and I can't seem to set it for use in games. I'm thinkin it's defective. It's been like this since I got it, but with the concerns with the other directions I never paid much attention. Any ideas when the optimum time to call Dell for a replacement would be? Hate to get one even worse off than the first.

cavuu
12-29-2002, 04:02 PM
I'm curious... what function exactly does the nav button do when clicked down? I can't seem to get it to do a thing, and I can't seem to set it for use in games. I'm thinkin it's defective. It's been like this since I got it, but with the concerns with the other directions I never paid much attention. Any ideas when the optimum time to call Dell for a replacement would be? Hate to get one even worse off than the first.

Pressing the nav button in the centre will turn on the backlight, that's it.

shawnc
12-29-2002, 04:26 PM
Rirath - thanx for asking this question. I was beginning to think I had a defective unit. Cavuu - thanx for the answer.

I was expecting it to work similar to my ipaq in that when pressed down it works like the "enter" key. All other directions work fine. Dell has done a lot of great things with their first entry, but they dropped the ball on this one.

Rirath
12-29-2002, 08:50 PM
I was expecting it to work similar to my ipaq in that when pressed down it works like the "enter" key. All other directions work fine. Dell has done a lot of great things with their first entry, but they dropped the ball on this one.

Well, I can live without it being an enter key... I'd accidently push it too often anyhow. Good to know it's not broke though. :D Which just leaves me with my mushy-but-still-working-well-enough up button. :wink: