View Full Version : Question about Forums

mhowie
12-28-2002, 09:04 PM
When I post a new message or edit a message, I have the option to attach my signature. Why is it when replying to a message, that option is not available?

Thanks,

Sparkomatic
12-28-2002, 10:42 PM
I'm not sure. There's an option "Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)" that's always checked whenever I reply to messages. Maybe there's an option in your profile that needs to be changed?

Janak Parekh
12-28-2002, 10:44 PM
Hmm, interesting. When you "reply", you can't attach a signature, but when you "quote", you can. :?

Oh, and if you quote yourself - you can't attach the signature either...

--janak

ultimate_ed
12-29-2002, 02:44 AM
I'll go ahead and piggyback on this topic, since my subject would be about the same:

Is it possible with the forum software you use to set it up to move me to the first unread message in a topic. I see it will mark a arrow on threads that have had new messages since I last checked in, but when I go to that thread, I start out at the first message and have to scroll/page to the new material.

In most of the other forums that (I think) use this forum engine, they are configured to set the top of the window at the first unread message, so you can pickup where you left off. Very handy, especially when a thread gets to be a few pages long.

Kati Compton
12-29-2002, 05:13 AM
I shall piggyback this thread as well. For quite some time there's been a "blank" page at the end of "New Posts" for a number of people.

Has anyone else noticed that it's now 2 blank pages at least some of the time?

I've also checked for new messages, the search says it finds like 23 of them, but then there aren't any listed at all. Not sure what this means, other than that sometimes I'm checking too often. ;)

Jason Dunn
12-29-2002, 06:22 AM
I've also checked for new messages, the search says it finds like 23 of them, but then there aren't any listed at all. Not sure what this means, other than that sometimes I'm checking too often. ;)

I'll explain why on the front page. :-)

Kati Compton
12-29-2002, 06:39 AM
Not sure what this means, other than that sometimes I'm checking too often. ;)

I'll explain why on the front page. :-)

Well, if you know why I'm checking this site too often, you could share it privately with me. You don't have to expose my psychological issues to the world!

;)

Janak Parekh
12-29-2002, 08:18 AM
Well, if you know why I'm checking this site too often, you could share it privately with me. You don't have to expose my psychological issues to the world!
Ha! You think you check this site too often? Jason has a group of people whose psychology he needs to explain, that's why it's making it to the front page. :lol:

--janak

Kati Compton
12-29-2002, 09:09 AM
Ha! You think you check this site too often? Jason has a group of people whose psychology he needs to explain, that's why it's making it to the front page. :lol:

So is it the whole top 15 posters that will be exposed on the front page, then? Wait... Well, you know what I mean. 8O

yvilla
12-29-2002, 05:41 PM
It's not just the top posters who have psychological issues--some of us less prolific Thoughts addicts are every bit as compulsive in visiting! :wink: