View Full Version : slider hardcase

redifrogger
12-27-2002, 05:57 PM
I would love to use one of those rhinoskin slider cases for my e740, but I haven't seen one available anywhere - BUT I was looking at dimensions and thought the one they make for the PalmPilot/PalmIII would work. The dimensions for one of those are 5" x 3.3" x .8". I know the cutout wouldn't match the e740, but what do the rest of you think? Would the unit fit and be secure enough? Thanks. :way to go:

ledpocket
12-27-2002, 10:59 PM
I have the aluminum slider for the hp568, and the tosh e740 fits in it VERY snugly. The neoprene is starting to rip and I have only put the pda in the case 3 or 4 times. (the case is snug in the width, and a little long in the length)

I did not compare specs, but maybe the palm one is a mm or two wider.

Wingnut
12-30-2002, 09:03 AM
I have a Titanium slider case made by Rhinoskin for a Palm III that I use for my e740. It's a close-to-perfect fit

phydiux
01-08-2003, 06:26 AM
I finally received my titanium palm III case for my e740 today. I had to fudge the case a little to make it fit, though.

First off, it was a bit hard to even FIND one anymore. I ended up getting mine on EBAY, but after the auction was over I found them direct from the manufacturer here:http://www.saunders-usa.com/rhinoskin/outlet_item.cfm?item_id=5945

they're $29.95, and I doubt that includes shipping.

Anyway - I got my case, and had to trim the neoprene, and dremel down two little bumps on the inside of the case where the slider pins are located (the slider pins go all the way through the titanium, and they leave some indentations that need to be ground down for my e740 to fit in.

Now that all that is done, my e740 fits perfectly, and will come out with a little pressure - it's just right for a PDA case. When I get bored, I'll take some pictures of it so that other people can see how the e740 fits in the case. I'm very impressed with the quality if this case, and my PDA is certainly glad that I now have an indestructable case for it. I have no doubt that this case would survive a small car running over it, even though I wouldn't try it at home. This case is a beast - but certainly worth it if you have a tendency to use your PDA

Enough of my ranting....

redifrogger
01-08-2003, 03:42 PM
I just got my titanium slider, and it works great. I was thrilled to get it for half price on eBay via half.com. I too had to remove some neoprene, and wasn't going to shimmy the nubs down, but since at least 1 other did without any problems, I will too. It seems it is just a tad too tight (I wrestle a bit to get it out/in). Thanks for all your input. 8)

phydiux
01-08-2003, 04:15 PM
I left the nubs there at first, but the fit was extremely snug, and led to some bite marks from the nubs on my e740, so I decided that they needed to be ground down a little.

Also, with this nubs there, the front of my e740 would touch the cover of the case when I closed it, and rubbed on it a little. Now, I have a small srape on the front of the e740 from it sitting too high in the case. Since grinding on the nubs (and I say grinding because it takes FOREVER to sand those titanium puppies down - titanium is some strong stuff) the e740 fits much lower in the case on the left habd side, and the overall fit of the e740 in the case is better.