View Full Version : cf size

Ben556
12-27-2002, 05:52 PM
i just ordered my axim 400mhz and i was wondering if the cf expansion size is 5mm or 3.3 mm?
thanks
Ben

jornadaholic
12-27-2002, 05:58 PM
its a type II cf slot so i think that makes it 5mm

Ben556
12-27-2002, 06:08 PM
i just read this
"There are 2 meanings for Type II. The first relates to the thickness of the card. A 3mm card is known as a Type I card and 5mm is known as a Type II. Due to the size restrictions of most cameras Dane-Elec cards are built to 3mm thickness making them a Type I in size.

However, the most recent meaning for Type II is the type of chips used to make the card, and all cards larger than 16MB use Type II memory. In most cases this is no longer a worry as most CompactFlash cards are recognized. When end-users are told that their camera supports Type II compact flash that is usually given as an indicator that the camera will use Micro Drives."

So doe any one know forsure what size the axim takes?

Steven Cedrone
12-27-2002, 06:28 PM
i just read this
"There are 2 meanings for Type II. The first relates to the thickness of the card. A 3mm card is known as a Type I card and 5mm is known as a Type II. Due to the size restrictions of most cameras Dane-Elec cards are built to 3mm thickness making them a Type I in size.

You have a type II slot, it will accomodate both type I or type II cards...

Type I and type II...

Steve

The Big Jay
12-27-2002, 08:07 PM
i just read this

However, the most recent meaning for Type II is the type of chips used to make the card, and all cards larger than 16MB use Type II memory. In most cases this is no longer a worry as most CompactFlash cards are recognized. When end-users are told that their camera supports Type II compact flash that is usually given as an indicator that the camera will use Micro Drives."

Type II. I have a Type I Sandisk in the slot and there's some "empty space".

Jhokur2k
12-27-2002, 10:09 PM
And yes it'll use the IBM Microdrives...