View Full Version : Nyditot Problems

Rirath
12-26-2002, 04:23 AM
Hey folks, just picked up the program earlier today. Looks good so far, but I seem to be hitting a rather bad sticking point. The program responds very accurately in Fit to Display mode, even up to 800x600. However, when I zoom in I can no longer click on the desktop. It will attempt a click, for example it will highlight a menu item or bring up the start menu, but from that point on it won't respond to taps. I can still pan the screen, but not select anything. This includes the pop-up menu. I can hold down the floater until the menu pops, but I can't select anything on the menu. I'm using the Axim X5.

There seems to be a good deal of Nyditot fans here... so any ideas?

yurimaru
12-26-2002, 12:35 PM
I 've tried the Nyditot and found it very buggy software.
The major problems was:
- in 240*320 mode it hides some space from the bottom, so i couldnt access even the NDT settings buttons.
- There were also the same problems when screen didnt respond to clicks
- After a while I couldn't even launch the Ndt settings windows to settle the resolution back, because it didn't respond to clickin the Display Settings option in menu.
- It was hard to predict what kind of screen I will see next time changing any of the parameters.

Is there anybody facing the same problems with IPAQ 3630?

I'm using the trial of dotPocket software now and going to buy it recently. It is stable, handy and has some unique features I like. Try it, but check the site for incompatible device info. I think there were some problems with DellAxim.
www.dotpocket.com

After all JSL X is also pretty good soft. Though i've seen a lot of complaints about JSL - I didn't face any serious problems when tried it.
www.jimmysoftware.com

Rirath
12-26-2002, 01:39 PM
I've already purchased Nyditot though. I didn't even notice it when I was using the demo since I never tried to pan. Hmm, I just noticed Handango has a 30 day downloaded software return policy... that may be worth a shot. :? Hopefully I'll hear back from support on if it's a fixable problem or not.

Doug Rausch
01-01-2003, 03:21 PM
Rirath -- I tried duplicating the problem you had, no luck on my end. But that said I'm running Nyditot on an iPAQ 3635 and when I've had the type of problem you mention I've been able to trace it to a software conflict. The program I've had the most problems with is nicestart. Bug fixes with nicestart have solved most of my problems. Oddly enough when trying to duplicate your problem I had to turn off nicestart to get into my system - it wouldn't recognize screen taps at 800 x 600. Not sure which program was at fault but once I did that I didn't have any other problems panning, zooming, or tapping at that res.

Doug

Rirath
01-01-2003, 03:54 PM
I don't run Nicestart, but perhaps wisbar is the confict. As for not duplicating it, sounds like it did the same to you. (not registering screentaps) I never even thought of a software conflict. Hmm, not Wisbar... same problem. Don't know of anything else running... :-/

Thanks for the help pal, first thing I've heard from anyone.
I'll fool with it and see if I can find something.