View Full Version : Built-in memory has disappeared

guinness
12-25-2002, 04:52 AM
Got my Axim on Sat. no problems, but a few minutes ago, the built-in memory (ROM) has vanished. I had about 10 megs worth of pictures and video stored there. Even did a soft/hard reset, nadda. Help please, I don't want to send it back to Dell if I can help it. BTW, I have the Axim with the 48/64 megs mem, 400 Mhz.

Paragon
12-25-2002, 06:18 AM
With Jornadas, and Ipaqs when this happen they had to be sent back to have the ROM flashed to get it back. In the very rare occasion it would comeback on a hard reset.

Out of curiousity were you downloading anything to the device at the time? Usually if that portion of ROM became overfilled it would disappear. If you have videos stored in there can you access them through the player it's self?

Sending back is a pretty painless operation since they have next day replacement. They will send you a replacement, and you then send yours back within a few days.

Good luck

Dave

guinness
12-25-2002, 06:33 PM
No, I wasn't d/l'ing anything to the ROM, I was looking at files in the \Windows dir, shut it off, a while later came back to play a video I had stored in the ROM area, and noticed that the memory was gone/hidden. I'd probably have to send it back anyway, as the right directional on the d-pad is flaky, but it's just annoying when something like this happens and I have to send it in. I'm used to my PC; if I have a serious problem, I reformat, reload my programs and backups and I'm back in business. It sounds like Dell has good support though.