View Full Version : Using VPN, IE failes and kills link.

orangehat
12-24-2002, 09:20 PM
background: my wireless connection to my home network (and for internet access) is via VPN, AP gives me my IP address and I VPN into my main server for both internal and internet access.
After connection I can IM, ping, run NetRunner. But when I attempt do IE it will kill the VPN connection and fail? I'm running a Dell Axim and a netgear ma701. Any ideas?
btw: the VPN connection works fine for my laptop with no problems. And I can web surf if I connect my AP directly to my lan and not use the VPN but that's a security issue that I am not willing to compromise on.
--
orangehat

that_kid
12-24-2002, 10:35 PM
It's a connection mangler problem that Microsoft knows abbout. Problem is it might not be fixed until .net from what they told me. The reason for this is that when the vpn tunnel see's a dotted address it "THINKS" that you're trying to use the internet(who's bright idea was that) and droppes the connection.

orangehat
12-24-2002, 11:14 PM
Thanks for info, it's appreciated! I guess I'll just stick with the laptop at home then for wireless web surfing till it's fixed.
--
orangehat