View Full Version : SD card question

blazingwolf
12-24-2002, 07:17 AM
I have an Ipaq 3955. :) I am trying to move my .tsk files to my Sd card. I placed a my documents folder on the card. However, I cannot access the files from the today appearance screen. :( I am able to access other files such as mp3s with WMP. Is there something else I need to do? The SD card is a 64 mb Sandisk card. Does this make a difference? Any help is appreaciated.

Delta737
12-24-2002, 07:46 AM
Well, you should be able to access any file with File Explorer. You can start it from there (although I don't know if the task file will be displayed on the Today screen, I assume *.tsk is a task file :oops: )

hvlien
12-24-2002, 08:01 AM
i'm a new pocket pc user, but i've been playing with my new ipaq and the os for about a week now. from my experience (although i could be wrong), today only works with .tsk files that are stored on your handheld. if you want to be able to access .tsk files that are stored on your sd card, you need a separate app to handle that. microsoft offers a theme generator on their web site that gives you a theme switch add-on that'll access .tsk files from the sd card. you can also create your own basic themes with this app. it can be found here (http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/pocketpc/downloads/powertoys.asp). or you could try themedream (http://www.applian.com/pocketpc/themedream/index.php?AID=8782838&PID=1151108). i was able to load .tsk files from my sd card using both programs. microsoft's theme generator is free while themedream will cost you 19.95. hope that helps.[/url]

blazingwolf
12-24-2002, 04:47 PM
I have had .tsk files an my CF card that I can access for awhile. I didn't think that it would be a problem to put them on a SD card. Perhaps it is. .tsk files are the themes for the today screen. Sorry for not saying that earlier. :oops: I do appreciate all your comments.

stevemw
12-26-2002, 02:33 AM
I believe you must place all .tsk files in the \Windows directory unless you are using a theme management utility such as ThemeKing. Without outside help, PPC will only see themes located in the Windows directory.

ombu
12-27-2002, 03:11 AM
HP Jornada 568 with MMC-Battery slot added, .tsk files stored at My Documents in the MMC card, no trouble at all using them, should work this way for everybody I think, hope this helps.

Best

Gremmie
12-27-2002, 05:14 AM
.tsk are usually placed in the my documents folder or the /windows folder

blazingwolf
12-28-2002, 05:29 AM
I tried once again to put these files on my CF card and it works just fine. However, it still won't work on the SD card :cry: . Any more suggestions?

Steven Cedrone
12-28-2002, 06:46 AM
Do you have access to another SD card? If so, is this behavior duplicated?

Steve

blazingwolf
12-30-2002, 05:31 AM
I fixed my problem. I created a my documents folder in the Ipaq file store and now it works. Not sure why it didn't work before. Thanks for your help.