View Full Version : CNET's Top 100 Products of 2002

Janak Parekh
12-23-2002, 04:01 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://reviews.cnet.com/techtrends/0-6014-8-20707896-1.html' target='_blank'>http://reviews.cnet.com/techtrends/...20707896-1.html</a><br /><br /></div>CNET's "Top 100 of 2002" have been announced. <a href="http://reviews.cnet.com/techtrends/0-6014-8-20707896-5.html?tag=nav">Cell Phones and Handhelds</a> are one category, and there are some interesting facts about the winners:<li> Palm and Pocket PC handhelds have their own categories (with the Dell Axim winning best Pocket PC). Does this mean that people are starting to think of the Palm and Pocket PC devices as truly separate handheld categories?<br /><li> The iPaq 5450 won "BEST HANDHELD THAT COSTS MORE THAN A BUDGET DESKTOP". :D

crispeto
12-23-2002, 04:52 PM
Cool! I absolutely love my new Axim. It's basically everything I've wanted in a pda.

brntcrsp
12-23-2002, 05:00 PM
I find it remarkable that once the Dell Marketing Machine &trade; picked up the PPC lisence that so many are coming to the party. I'm glad you're all here now!

Rirath
12-23-2002, 05:23 PM
with the Dell Axim winning best Pocket PC

Booyah! :D Congrats Dell! I still can't believe I was against the Axim when I first heard of it... it's the best PPC I could ask for, short of built in wireless. (Which, hopefully, will be taken care of in the X7.) Here's hoping the X7 and X3 will come and sweep the rest of the market wanting smaller and devices with even more options.

mookie123
12-23-2002, 05:50 PM
Interesting to note:
-H1910 is not mentioned. (And this is coming form C|net the people who has been tauting thin and sleek Palm as more functionals than anything on earth) HP must have snubbed them by not sending a review unit. heh heh.

- no Palm Inc. unit making the top list. (hmmmm..... how time has changed)

-Handheld and phones. (is convergence almost here yet? ....heh)

PPCRules
12-23-2002, 08:01 PM
Does this mean that people are starting to think of the Palm and Pocket PC devices as truly separate handheld categories?No; just the only way of keeping the Palm OS from fading into obscurity in a combined category.

KyleC
12-23-2002, 08:39 PM
The iPaq 5450 won "BEST HANDHELD THAT COSTS MORE THAN A BUDGET DESKTOP". :D
I think that they have 8 or 9 "real" catagories for each section, and someone comes along and says "But what about x?" So they make a catagory that ONLY that particular product could fit into. :wink:

Timothy Rapson
12-24-2002, 02:42 AM
Not a very serious competition. Like someone already said, the categories are basically made up. The Sony PEG360? I don't think you can even find one in a store for the last 4 months. They would have been far better of to name the new Sony SJ20 as best monochrome model ever. It has the finest monochrome screen every made and is well worth the $30 more. The only trouble with it is that mono is dead. Odd, that it dies now that they finaly have it perfected.

It is probably good that they divide the PPCs from the Palm OS models; to keep blood off the floor. They are not crazy enough to ask for that mess.

I share their opinion that the Axim is the model of the year for the PPC and the NX70V is way cool top of the Palm OS line.