View Full Version : Syncing memory card with desktop? Help!!!!!!!!!!

geggyta516
12-22-2002, 10:49 PM
Hi,

I have a Toshiba e740 with a 128MB compact flash card. I can sync my word and excel files with my desktop using the Pocket PC My Documents folder on my desktop. I want to sync these kinds of files with my compact flash card, but can't seem to figure out how to do it! This may be a stupid question, but can anyone help me.

Thanks!

JohnnyFlash
12-23-2002, 01:19 AM
You should be able to navigate to MobileDevice\MyPocketPC\StorageCard and copy the required file(s) to this location. I do it all the time with my e740 and 64MB card. :way to go:

miterb
12-23-2002, 03:14 AM
"· Information stored on a storage card will not be synchronized with your desktop computer." (Unless you can find a 3rd party package that will do it).

Brad Miter

Delta737
12-23-2002, 08:03 AM
"· Information stored on a storage card will not be synchronized with your desktop computer." (Unless you can find a 3rd party package that will do it).

Brad Miter

Well, normally, word & excel files aren't synced (not from the PPC memory either). You just have to copy them manually like Robert Curtis said

tehoais
12-23-2002, 09:41 AM
you can use Mighty Sync if i'm not mistaken to sync with any folders on the desktop (storage cards included) and also any folder on the PPC. :)

Pony99CA
12-23-2002, 09:55 AM
you can use Mighty Sync if i'm not mistaken to sync with any folders on the desktop (storage cards included) and also any folder on the PPC. :)
I was going to mention that program, but couldn't remember its name. Here's the MightySync Web page (http://www.mydocsunlimited.com/html/mightysync.html).

Steve

miterb
12-23-2002, 01:43 PM
Delta737 Wrote:
>>Well, normally, word & excel files aren't synced (not from the PPC memory either). You just have to copy them manually like Robert Curtis said<<

My experience has been that any files placed within the My Documents Folder or a 1st level sub-folder thereof are synchronized. This includes Excel and Word Documents.

By the way, how do you get the quoted part of a post you are replying to in the nice box?

Brad

tehoais
12-23-2002, 03:35 PM
By the way, how do you get the quoted part of a post you are replying to in the nice box?

you click on the "Quote" image at the top left of the message you want to reply. :)

Pony99CA
12-23-2002, 05:49 PM

you click on the "Quote" image at the top left of the message you want to reply. :)
The top right of the message, actually. :-) (I'm assuming Malaysian browsers aren't doing something like right-to-left text, though.)

Steve

geggyta516
12-23-2002, 09:06 PM
Mighty Sync works great! And it's only 5.95

Greg