View Full Version : Earthlink and SMTP

mpfeifer
12-22-2002, 06:06 PM
Anyone use Earthlink? I am able to receive but not send. I get two error messages when there is a message in the outbox - unable to download (but it does download) and unable to send. I saw a posting on a newsgroup last year about PPC 2002 not being able to interact with some SMTP servers.

Also, I am using their smtp authentication server which works from my laptop on another network.

Any thoughts?

Mark

Jason Dunn
12-22-2002, 11:14 PM
Take a look here:

http://www.cewindows.net/wce/isp.htm

seanturner
12-23-2002, 02:11 AM
Earthlink blocks outgoing SMTP traffic from IP's not on their network. That's why I'm not an earthlink customer anymore.

tsballx
12-23-2002, 03:17 AM
Actually , I just used smtpauth.earthlink.net to send a message and it worked fine. Remember to sign on using your full email address instead of just your user name.

Janak Parekh
12-23-2002, 03:33 AM
Last, make sure you have at least EUU1 installed on your Pocket PC. Improvements were made for SMTP compatibility (see http://www.cewindows.net/faqs/pocketpc2002sp1ms.htm).

--janak

mpfeifer
12-23-2002, 03:16 PM
Thanks - I see from the PPC Update that is the same error message I am getting. Well, I also get an unable to download, but it really does the download.

In any case, is the end user update not included with the t-mobile update? Just want to make sure I don't mess anything up.

Thanks,
Mark

Janak Parekh
12-23-2002, 04:25 PM
Mark - yes, the EUU3 is part of the new T-Mobile ROM update.

--janak

mpfeifer
12-24-2002, 04:50 PM
Hmmm - WHat else could be wrong. Maybe I will try the upgrade again and see what happens.

Any other thoughts on how to proceed?

TIA
Mark

Monty Gibson
12-25-2002, 05:32 AM
Hmmm - WHat else could be wrong. Maybe I will try the upgrade again and see what happens.

Any other thoughts on how to proceed?

TIA
Mark

Write your configurations exactly as you have them in your PPC and I will guide you to setting it up; as much as I can.

mpfeifer
12-28-2002, 03:21 AM
Here they are...

user name: [email protected]
password : <filled in> (save password)
pop3
pop.sprynet.com
smtpauth.earthlink.net
no domain
outgoing e-mail servers requires authentication - checked
default internet connection
1k download