View Full Version : Having problems ActiveSyncing via Bluetooth Between my Laptop and e310

MitzEclipse
12-22-2002, 02:43 AM
Hi All,

I have a 3com X-Jack PCMCIA Bluetooth card and a Toshiba/Palm Bluetooth Card in my Toshiba e310.

I can't seem to get the e310 to recognize the laptop and vice versa. I'm not sure how to "search" for bluetooth devices on the PDA.

Can anyone help me out? I've already installed the drivers from the CD .

Thanks.

JonnoB
12-22-2002, 03:49 AM
Did you actually get the Toshiba SDIO card to work in the e310?

KyleC
12-30-2002, 05:18 PM

I have considered getting one; however JonnoB's reaction of surprise that it "actually works" leads me to hesitate. Why did you seem sceptical that it worked on an e310, JonnoB? Has there been a known problem in getting it to work on an e310?

JonnoB
12-30-2002, 06:30 PM

I have considered getting one; however JonnoB's reaction of surprise that it "actually works" leads me to hesitate. Why did you seem sceptical that it worked on an e310, JonnoB? Has there been a known problem in getting it to work on an e310?

No, there is no known problem that I am aware of... but as you suggest - if it is proven to work, then there is good reason to try it on my own.

hyonj
01-04-2003, 05:19 PM
I've read that the bluetooth cards don't work very reliably with PCs yet and that there is a great deal of configuring involved. You may want to see if you can find a friend who had an Apple and try the isync? BEFORE any Apple bashers add to this, I've read that there is more stability with the isync & using bluetooth since there is no configuration needed, it just detects it. This way, you can eliminate whether it's your handheld or your PC.

Hope this helps.

Happy_e335_Owner
01-09-2003, 04:05 AM
Well, I got a bluetooth card, and it works well with my toshiba e335 as well as my desktop running windows XP with the mitsumi USB dongle.

Of course, you have to set up a cabled partnership before you can use a bluetooth partner**** with activesync (how silly is that?)...
So, tomorrow, I have to bring home the cradle (or buy a new one!)