View Full Version : Pockettop Keyboard

shawnc
12-21-2002, 09:10 PM
I realize I'm probably a little late to the party, but I just saw a wireless keyboard on CNN called the Pockettop. Did a search on this forum and didn't find much. I just received my Axim in the mail (a week ahead of schedule, isn't Dell great :D - but my wife won't let me play until Xmas :evil: ).

According to the Pockettop website, this thing is compatitible with virtually all PPC's. I could use it on my old Ipaq as well as the Dell. Since Targus has not committed to a date on releasing their newest Stowaway model (only Palm release so far :evil: ) I was thinking of this as an alternative. It seems much sleeker than the current stowaway but the keyboard seems cramped and maybe a little more difficult to type on.

I would appreciate anyone with experience or knowledge about the Pockettop sharing their thoughts or recommendations.

Thanx.

TheBacklash
12-21-2002, 10:04 PM
is this the one that uses IR to transmit the keystrokes?

jet8810
12-22-2002, 12:08 AM
yea. I had one, and liked it but as soon as Belkin released their keyboard for the Toshiba E740 I snatched it as it is far superior. Email the people at www.pockettopinc.com to see if it works with the Dell before you buy it though. Lack of a number row key and the punctuation scattered and needing a function key to work at the main cons IMHO.

shawnc
12-22-2002, 04:14 PM
yea. I had one, and liked it but as soon as Belkin released their keyboard for the Toshiba E740 I snatched it as it is far superior. Email the people at www.pockettopinc.com to see if it works with the Dell before you buy it though. Lack of a number row key and the punctuation scattered and needing a function key to work at the main cons IMHO.

Thanx for the info. I checked w/pockettop and it does work with the dell. Since you have a replacement, are you interested in selling? If so, how much?