View Full Version : why does my Asus MyPal switch on suddenly when in cradle?

rh
12-21-2002, 02:34 PM
hi!

when i put my asus mypal a600 in my cradle and shut it off, it regularly switches on again... does anone know how to stop that?

thanks a lot in advance!

rupert

JonnoB
12-21-2002, 03:54 PM
No one that I know has seen one, can you do a quick review and send some pictures?

Delta737
12-21-2002, 05:02 PM
I'm not sure, but I think that happens with any PPC (especially when you boot your computer). Just get it out of the cradle or (if you have charger attached) don't care (because it won't affect your battery life then).

rh
12-21-2002, 05:10 PM
No one that I know has seen one, can you do a quick review and send some pictures?

you mean noone has seen an asus mypal a600?
i ordered it thorugh a normal german mailorder company (www.alternate.de)... nothing special.

if you wish i can write a short review; pictures would be a little problem; but perhaps i am not the right person for doing PPC reviews because this is my first PPC (was using palm before), and i don't know what exactly to look at...

rh
12-21-2002, 05:14 PM
I'm not sure, but I think that happens with any PPC (especially when you boot your computer). Just get it out of the cradle or (if you have charger attached) don't care (because it won't affect your battery life then).

no it is not during booting, it looks rather randomized. it sucks because everytime it turns on, activesync is being started, and looking for changes (not synchronising because i set synchronisation to manually), and that means it always has to start outlook, which slows down the system a lot.

is it possible to switch off the automatic looking-for-changes as well?

rupert

JonnoB
12-21-2002, 06:44 PM
i ordered it thorugh a normal german mailorder company (www.alternate.de)... nothing special.

Not in the US that I am aware of.

if you wish i can write a short review; pictures would be a little problem; but perhaps i am not the right person for doing PPC reviews because this is my first PPC (was using palm before), and i don't know what exactly to look at...

Any review would be appreciated.

Kati Compton
12-21-2002, 07:03 PM
no it is not during booting, it looks rather randomized. it sucks because everytime it turns on, activesync is being started, and looking for changes (not synchronising because i set synchronisation to manually), and that means it always has to start outlook, which slows down the system a lot.

Is it set to synchronize every X minutes when in the cradle? Check the ActiveSync settings on the device.

heov
12-23-2002, 07:32 PM
www.the-gadgeteer.com has a great review of the Zayo. Goto Pocket PCs on the left column and the newest review up is the Zayo.

JonnoB
12-23-2002, 07:42 PM
www.the-gadgeteer.com has a great review of the Zayo. Goto Pocket PCs on the left column and the newest review up is the Zayo.

But Jilie's experience with the iPaq 5455 is not that great. See here (http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/juliesgear.html)

rave
01-14-2003, 03:22 AM

Not in the US that I am aware of.
That's because the Asus MyPal is marketed in the US as the Razor Zayo. It's the same thing.

heov
01-18-2003, 01:28 AM
i have the same problem w/ my unit turning on...

PlanetPDA.de
01-19-2003, 09:53 PM
I think ActiveSync does that. Go to ActiveSync / Tools / Options / Schedule and disable the flag on 'Sync autom. after xx mins'.

-hth