View Full Version : Received my Axim Today!!

Auga
12-21-2002, 02:41 AM
Ordered Dec 16
Free shipping :D
Free leather case :D
Arrived Dec 20 :D

ferrysj
12-21-2002, 03:41 AM
Have fun. It took me a few days put now I am a downloading fool. Lots of neat stuff.

b3trio
12-21-2002, 04:09 AM
That's great to hear Auga. I just ordered mine yesterday and was expecting to wait until the new year to get. If I'm really lucky it'll arrive by the 24th.

I've been without a pda for almost 2 months since my EM-500 died. Just got back from Japan, but they had nothing interesting there and no great deals to be had either. So I can't wait until my Dell arrives. 0X

suderfield
12-21-2002, 08:49 PM
Have fun. It took me a few days put now I am a downloading fool. Lots of neat stuff.

What neat stuff would that be? 8O

jerryd
12-21-2002, 08:59 PM
Glad to post I picked up my Axim 400mhz at the UPS office about an hour ago. Ordered Dec 8th, attempted delivery the 18th, 19th, 20th, all between 2:30-4:00pm when no-one home to sign. Not too upset, better than stolen, although I did leave a note after the first attempt to pls try after 5:30pm. Now for the "longest 4 hrs"; only 3:35 left :)

Then the fun can begin!

ps - my first pda!!

Jerry

suderfield
12-22-2002, 03:46 PM
Now for the "longest 4 hrs"; only 3:35 left :)

Then the fun can begin!

ps - my first pda!!

Jerry

Well, did you get it? & do you like it?

Dan

jerryd
12-22-2002, 05:35 PM
Well, as I mentioned, this is my first pda. I've been lurking and watching and reading since late October. I decided to go with a ppc by November. Maybe too many years of windows pcs, but 16MB just seems tight. Also, the Tungsten T and Sony Clie 60 & 70 weren't inexpensive, and good color and lots of i/o were necessary for me.

After looking at HP/Compaq, Toshiba, etc., the Dell Axim 400MHZ just seemed a no-brainer for my wants and needs. I wanted 64MB, preferably with 48MB rom, and I wanted sd & cf, without buying add-on sleeves. It also was reported to have a very good color screen and a lot of other good selling points, all for about half of a 3970/75, and less than the 1910 after the rebate and 10% off I was able to get. So I ordered one and sat back to wait.

Well, actually I figured I could spend some of the $$ I'd saved, so I bought a 256MB sd card and a 56K modem on ebay ($88 and $49), and used some discount codes (from ppc thoughts of course) to download Pocket Informant, Battery Pack, iSpeak and FlexWallet from Handango.

We are still heavily into decorating mode here, so my play time has been limited. But I can happily report that the unit IS a 400mhz, works fine, and I love it so far. :D :D

I don't think it's big nor heavy. The screen is great, better than the Toshiba 740 I considered, and seems as good as the Ipaq. Since I don't own an Ipaq, I won't see side-by-side comparisons, but to me they seem about equal. ActiveSync set up with no hassles, the sd card was recognized, and I've used it for a backup, with no problems, and I've installed the above sw with zero difficulties, and it all functions fine.

I have an awful lot to learn, and I can't wait to get the modem so I can set up email and check out the browser functions.

I'm a happy guy!