View Full Version : Accessories and firmware update finally available at www.tmobile.com

Monty Gibson
12-20-2002, 06:58 PM
Click on this link to see their lineup of accessories for hte Pocket PC Phone:

Accessories:

http://www.t-mobile.com/products/accessories/list.asp?phoneid=166765

Firmware Update (supposed to fix some issues with volume, lockups, etc.):

http://www.t-mobile.com/products/downloads.asp?phoneid=166765

pkwjr
12-20-2002, 07:21 PM
Do Not load this on your ppcpe. This is for laptop interface. should not be on this sight.

Monty Gibson
12-20-2002, 07:43 PM
Do Not load this on your ppcpe. This is for laptop interface. should not be on this sight.

I've loaded it on my Pocket PC Phone and it has not affected it; however, I do not believe it was intended to be a "firmware" update and feel that those at T-Mobile have made a mistake by putting it on their site for download. I spoke with a T-Mobile representative this morning and he stated it was for the Pocket PC. When looking at the install, it's quite convincing that it definitely is, but I don't see where it would fix anything that he stated. He stated it was supposed to address some "...volume issues and some lock-up issues" with the phone when using the "T-Mobile Today Screen" plug-in that is infamous for locking up the device. I will try it out for a couple of days and see. But I have my reasons to doubt.

Monty Gibson
12-20-2002, 08:27 PM

I have an update on the so-called "firmware" update:

It's not an update :( and :evil: together. It will load a program onto your Pocket PC that will look for infared devices for connection to the internet via a phone I imagine (from what I've seen) and will gladly take its sweet time doing so all the while locking your PocketPC and having to soft boot it to start it all over again. So yes, sir, you were correct. However, I'm very gutsy and hard headed and want to try everything for myself even if it doesn't work :mrgreen: all the time.