View Full Version : Question on the voice recorder

jk
12-20-2002, 05:08 PM
Hey guys,

I have yet to recieve my Axim but I am really wondering...
I know the axim has a button for recording voice notes. Is this something you have to hold down the whole time while recording or can you push it in once and it records until you stop it? I am wondering because it would be nice to be able to record some guitar riffs and listen to them later to come up with vocal melodies. Also if this doesn't do it is there another way of going about this? Thanks.

smittyofdhs
12-20-2002, 05:58 PM
Hey guys,

I have yet to recieve my Axim but I am really wondering...
I know the axim has a button for recording voice notes. Is this something you have to hold down the whole time while recording or can you push it in once and it records until you stop it? I am wondering because it would be nice to be able to record some guitar riffs and listen to them later to come up with vocal melodies. Also if this doesn't do it is there another way of going about this? Thanks.

with the record button you have to hold it down for it to record. but for us guitar players you can go into notes, click on the icon that looks like a little tape to bring up the record bar, then record... As easy as that. You may want to go into the input settings and change the type of file that will be saved. This way you get a better recording. Also, you may want to set notes to save to the CF or SD card as these files can sometimes get pretty big. I've done recording with the best format and one full song could take up a couple of megs

jk
12-20-2002, 06:32 PM
Awesome info. Thanks!!!