View Full Version : Got my dell (canada) and quick review as 1st time PDA buyer

mart242
12-20-2002, 04:15 PM
Well I finally received my AXIM yesterday after dell or Purolator screwed up with the shipping (wrong address on box).

Here's a really quick review that might help convince 1st time PDA buyer that it's a great product:

- Size: some people were complaining that it's big compared to other PDAs and while I was looking at pictures comparing some PDAs side by side, I was wondering if I had made the right choice. Well I did made the right choice: the AXIM seems so small!!! :)

- The craddle is really nice!!! :)

- The dell screen protectors are good quality (if you remove the protective plastic... otherwise they are blurry). Highly recommended for a first time buyer until you try to make your own

- Stylus? Why all these complaints about it's shape? It feels great to me!

- Screen? How can it be better? (Haven't seen a IPAQ 39xx so it seems great to me!)

- Battery life: hmmm, I was looking at it and said "oh no! it's already at 92%! it drains quickly!) and then realized I had been playing with the AXIM for an hour...

- Speaker / microphone: speaker is ok for alarms, but bad for music (I wasn't expecting a good speaker anyways). Micrphone seams ok, along with speaker for voice notes.

Now, here's what I don't like...

- D-pad: I've got a defective d-pad, it doesn't work well when going to the right. I'll have it replaced in a month or two... once dell figures out the problem

- Case: well, it's free so ain't too bad but I'll get a new one that clips on the belt and that is a bit smaller.

Overall: it's even better than I expected!!! So I give it two thumbs up! :D

Martin

KameSama
12-20-2002, 04:31 PM
:) It work good it play game good it look good and women think it sexy which is good. It good. Good. Good. Good. I crush who call it not good. It good.

You'll have to forgive me I'm a U. S. citizen and thereby my ability for description through use of language is limited. :lol: Basically what I mean to say is that I agree with the above. Eh hem. Gotta run.