View Full Version : Screen Protector by Dell

Xtreme23
12-20-2002, 07:53 AM
Um.. is it just me or does anything thinks the screen protector u buy from dell seems to make the pocket pc darker and it's not clear and crisp like i imagine. I just thing the screen protectors are poorly made. It doesn't make the screen look nice but pixelated.

what do u guys think?

Sslixtis
12-20-2002, 08:09 AM
I agree, I bought the ones from Dell as well. I switched to Fellows WriteRights after a couple of days though. I can't wait til someone makes a flip cover for the Axim :lol:

etalianstallion
12-20-2002, 09:34 AM
I ordered the screen protectors for the Axim from Dell as well, and since this is the first time I have used any screen protector at all, I can only tell you how it is working (or not working) for me.

The screen does look more pixelated with the screen protector on. And yes, the screen is much dimmer with it.

It looks to me that other screen protectors actually have a slight adhesive backing whereas the screen protectors from Dell simply rest on the screen. This may result in a minimal layer of air inbetween the screen protector and the screen which could cause the light to be dispersed.

I will give the Fellowes WriteRights a try as well. Hopefully those turn out better. Too bad I spent the $19 on the Dell ones already though. :?

Xtreme23
12-20-2002, 03:48 PM
yeah i don't know what dell was thinking.. i wonder if they even bother too look at the design of the protector on the Axim. They probably made it for the sake of just making it.

KameSama
12-20-2002, 04:16 PM
I'm using some Felowes writerights that I got for my Visor Edge on my axim. Sure it looks just slightly pixelated but its more than tolerable. I'm all for having screen protection as I've been known to wreak havoc on hand held devices and well anything near me really. I liked my Edge's full coverage aluminum case. I put some real nasty dents and scratches in/on the case but it never missed a beat or broke. So as soon as I find one that is comparable for my axim I'll get it.

mart242
12-20-2002, 04:18 PM
Guys, did you remove the protective plastic from the screen protectors???

I've got no problems with mine!
(hmmm, maybe it's because I haven't tried any others, but I don't mind it for now..)

etalianstallion
12-20-2002, 07:14 PM
Yes, I removed both the protective film from the Axim as well as from the screen protector.

Sslixtis
12-20-2002, 10:55 PM
mart242Guys, did you remove the protective plastic from the screen protectors???

I've got no problems with mine!
(hmmm, maybe it's because I haven't tried any others, but I don't mind it for now..)

:lol: Yes. This is purely a matter of preference/opinion. I will not really be happy with anything less than Max Brightness, no screen protector and a flip cover. That's just me though. A friend at work has the Axim as well and he keeps his Brightness about half way, which bugs me everytime I look at it. He probably thinks " why does this fool keep his screen sooo bright?" everytime he looks at mine! :wink:

ferrysj
12-20-2002, 11:16 PM
Are screen protectors used mainly for safe transport or should I be concerned with the stylus scratching?

robert_biggs
12-21-2002, 12:06 AM
Yes, ferrysj, the stylus CAN scratch your screen. This is mostly caused by bits of dust or grime on or dragged by the tip of the stylus. Trust me, if you hate to see any scratches on your screen like me, GET A SCREEN PROTECTOR!! If you don't care about small, nearly invisible scratches, don't get a screen protector. It's all a matter of preference.

Auga
12-21-2002, 05:40 AM
Which screen protectors are better. The ones with a slight adhesive backing or the ones that rest on the screen? I just bought some from iconcepts. They have a adhesive backing. Will this damage the Axim screen?