View Full Version : CF card removed, turns power on?

TheBacklash
12-20-2002, 01:22 AM
Ok I got my Dell yesterday and Love it.
But one thing I have noticed is my CF slot turns the power on if I either take out or put in a CF card. Why?

My Ipaq don't do this. Is this a "setting" that I can turn off?

Just now I had the Wi-Fi card in and am gettign ready to leave the house. the Power is off, and I pull out the Wi-Fi card since I'm not going to need it... the power turns on. it's kinda annoying.

It's not in the cradle, just sitting on the desk. And I have turned off the buttons from turning on the power.

This and the speaker quality is really the only minor complaints I have with the dell. the cradle is cool, it's NOT heavy like some have said, it's a good size, the Jog dial take a little getting used to, The battery life is outstanding, the stylus is "odd" But I use a different aftermarket one.

GoldKey
12-20-2002, 01:30 AM
The power on on CF insert or remove and SD insert or remove are normal. I agree it is annoying though. I think the reason it did not do that on the ipaq was because the CF was on the sled which I imagine did not get power unless the device was on.

TheBacklash
12-20-2002, 03:58 AM
Does this happen on the rest as well now?

My Casio didn't do this... thats why I hoped this was a setting I could turn off...

spursdude
12-20-2002, 04:45 AM
Happens on my Maestro, and I have found no settings to fix such a problem.

Sslixtis
12-20-2002, 06:43 AM
It does on the Hp Jornada 568 as well :wink:

FredMurphy
12-20-2002, 12:20 PM
I think the idea is to allow the device to load / unload device drivers. Makes sense on insert, but when removing a card it seems a little unnecessary.