View Full Version : Newbie Questions

ferrysj
12-19-2002, 10:07 PM
Hello. I have been lurking for quite some time and send a gloal thanks to all that have posted. I was able to make an informed decision regarding my recent Axim purchase and save some money too :) The tip for the $105 512 CF was a good one too :wink:

As my fist PPC, I am cutting my teeth in new ground and have some questions:

I successfully downloaded and installed PQView so that I can travel with the family photo album. Initially, I was able to drag and drop through Explorer from my desktop C: drive to the CF card on the PPC. Attempts to add more photos to the CF card in the same fashion have failed. What has worked was copying the photo on the C: drive to the PocketPC/My Documents folder (also on the C: drive) and after the ActiveSync do a cut/paste to the CF. Drag and drop eliminated the extra steps. Why could I do it only the one time. I would envision moving MP3s to the CF via drag-and-drop as well.

How do you clear the cache on the Axim when a program utilizes this area and you are finished with the program? A selection of photos I have viewed in PQView are still there when I re-open the application and I may not want to see those anymore.

A silly thing, but when dragging a card in Solitaire it seems I have to press the stylus pretty hard to keep from dropping the card. Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the pad?

Are there any PIM, besides Trans/ACT that allow for the creation of custom fields.

Finally I am willing to spend some money on Software. If you had a $150 budget, what programs are worth the $ as opposed to freeware?

By the way, I have had my Dell a week and it is still "in transit"

Thanks, I am sure there will be more.

goirish!!
12-19-2002, 10:16 PM
IMO Pocket Informant is a MUST HAVE app. As a matter of fact it went "on sale" today. This is a PIM that takes the place of the Contact, Appointment, Notes, and Tasks that comes with the PPC.

http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=61397053fb644448ddb00b2ce7cd9a3f&threadid=67458

I've been using this for about two years and have had great results. Constant updates and user suggested improvements. You will prob. see other people suggest a different app.(AF) so it is best to load the trial version of both and make your own decision.

Have fun :D