View Full Version : VOIP

don dre
12-19-2002, 08:30 PM
Does anyone know anything about this product?
http://www.telesym.com/products.php?page=client

that_kid
12-19-2002, 08:57 PM
Yeah I tried that program and it worked great on my girlfirends 3635 but it wouldn't install on my 3970. The program itself worked great, it had great sound, no noticeable latency and performed quite well. Now the bad part is that the software is being marketed towards enterprise customers and not end users or small businesses. It requires a pbx system and some other hardware but it has some nice features. I called and spoke with someone from the company and they gave me the number of a reseller in my area, I called them but once they found out that I needed less than 10 units that was the end of that. All in all it is a great program and it has a 30 day trial which will let you make long distance calls for those 30 days. Be warned though that when people look at their caller id's they will see the telesym name and may think that it's a telesales call, I had that happen a few times.

bdegroodt
12-19-2002, 09:18 PM
I used that a while ago, too. At the time they didn't have pricing up, but now I see they want a min $3K.

What say the group about forming our own "company" and getting a server set up for the PPC Thoughts group? Everyone pitches in $40 to set up the account and $10 a month for server access?

Here's my $ :!:

don dre
12-20-2002, 08:00 PM
WE should be able to get internet access bundled with VOIP in my opinion. I'm ready to take down comcast and verizon. just give me the funding. :twisted: