View Full Version : NetFront Browser DNS Error

PhatCohiba
12-18-2002, 09:37 PM
I'm trying out the Demo of NetFront and I can load local (my docs) Internet Explorer Pages, and internet sites if I manually enter a IP Address.

When I enter a url (like PocketPCThoughts.com) I get a DNS timeout even though it appears to be correct in my Socket IP Config and works fine with PIE.

Anyone else have this problems, solved it?

Thanks,

John

pharizna
01-08-2003, 03:29 PM
Hi:

I have the "full" version but I have the same problem trying to access through the proxy of my Company!

The people form Access Co. says me that it's a problem with "the PROXY configuration in my IPAQ" BUT my PPC works fine with my PIE.

:twisted:

PhatCohiba
01-08-2003, 05:13 PM
I've since removed and deleted NetFront. I'm on my 30 day trial of Thunder Hawk and I'm pretty sure I'll end up buying that.

-John

The proxy settings are in your connections, but i think only "Work" has a proxy setting.

hmmm, I may go browse those settings.

-

pharizna
01-08-2003, 05:16 PM
Thanks!

I'm working with the Proxy configuration in my PockePC and it's fine for PIE but it doesn't work with NetFront.

NetFront have also a proxy configuration. I use the same configuration but it doesn't solve the problem :(

spaceman
01-08-2003, 05:38 PM
I had similar somewhat seemingly random occurances of DNS timeout as well with NetFront under same conditions that PIE and Thunderhawk continues to work. This is with the memory cache setting at the default 1MB. I then upped the cache to 2MB, all DNS timeout problems went away.

pharizna
01-08-2003, 05:45 PM
Thanks ... but the problem remains!

I have the error:

HTTP 407 Proxy Authentication Required. The ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the WebProxy service is denied (12209).

Why this error doesn't happen with PIE?

spaceman
01-08-2003, 05:50 PM
pharizna,
I think my suggested solution of increasing cache size may solve PhatCohiba's problem with DNS timeouts which I experienced. Your error message seems to related to going through a firewall proxy ? Is this correct? Are you using Activesync Internet passthru?

pharizna
01-08-2003, 05:53 PM
I need to surf Internet trough the firewall/proxy of my Company.

I'm connecting to the LAN with a WiFi card and the problem is the same working with syncronization with my PC o without it!