View Full Version : Polls

Rirath
12-18-2002, 06:15 PM
Anyone keepin track of the polls lately? 8O 'Cause I'm thinking somewhere along the way, someone lost count. :wink:
Perhaps we need a poll to decide if there's been too many polls.

Kati Compton
12-18-2002, 06:44 PM
Anyone keepin track of the polls lately? 8O 'Cause I'm thinking somewhere along the way, someone lost count. :wink:
Perhaps we need a poll to decide if there's been too many polls.

You can always decide not to vote. :)

Janak Parekh
12-18-2002, 06:50 PM
People love polls - witness the participation on Slashdot's. They must have their user profile sliced and diced by every possible factor by this point. 8O

--janak

Delta737
12-18-2002, 08:36 PM
I agree with Janak. It's always nice to know something about your pocket pc friends :lol:

cherring
12-20-2002, 03:40 PM
I think there should be more polls about people's haircuts. Perhaps have a few with all the options being, "I think this poll is lame and I don't like your haircut"

The Big Jay
12-20-2002, 10:23 PM
I think there should be more polls about people's haircuts. Perhaps have a few with all the options being, "I think this poll is lame and I don't like your haircut"

I think there should be a poll with all the poll choices the same :)

Roosterman
12-23-2002, 06:11 AM
I too like the polls. It is interesting to see what other people are thinking.

KyleC
12-23-2002, 09:04 PM
This poll is lame and I don't like your haircut
Personally, I haven't seen pictures of ANY of the administrators here, so I can't be certain that I don't like their haircuts :wink:. Anyway, I think it should read:

I do not wish to participate in this poll
See? Now everyone's happy.

Unless, of course, all the admins posted pictures of their latest haircuts. :lol:

KyleC
12-23-2002, 09:17 PM

I think there should be a poll with all the poll choices the same :)

I was on a site that could (supposedly) determine your gender by asking questions to which no answer was more "correct" than others. For example:

Which number belongs next in the sequence of 2, 4,...
a) 6
b) 8

We might be able to do something like this with the poll phpBB option...

P.S. - The web site got my gender right! :wink:

Kati Compton
12-23-2002, 11:28 PM
I was on a site that could (supposedly) determine your gender by asking questions to which no answer was more "correct" than others. For example:

Which number belongs next in the sequence of 2, 4,...
a) 6
b) 8

So, which gender counts by even numbers, and which gender counts by powers of 2?

KyleC
12-25-2002, 08:33 PM
I think that the male gender chooses 6 while the female gender chooses 8. However, there my be plenty of "guys" out there that may very well choose 8 and there may be several "gals" out there that choose 6, but again, statistically, the male gender is more likely to pick "6" than "8". :wink:

Janak Parekh
12-25-2002, 09:21 PM
I think that the male gender chooses 6 while the female gender chooses 8.
Color me the exception. I'd go for 8.

--janak

Kati Compton
12-26-2002, 07:02 AM
I think that the male gender chooses 6 while the female gender chooses 8. However, there my be plenty of "guys" out there that may very well choose 8 and there may be several "gals" out there that choose 6, but again, statistically, the male gender is more likely to pick "6" than "8". :wink:

I'd be surprised. I think computer/math people would be more likely to choose 8, and men tend to outnumber the women in those areas.

Delta737
12-26-2002, 07:33 AM
Wooh, I'm a male and choose 6. I'm an average person I guess... :wink: