View Full Version : Still having issues saving and playing video files...

humanatek
12-18-2002, 08:47 AM
I cannot seem to be able to save and then playback video files on my pda. Even when I access the site directly from my pda and download the video's, when I go into Window's media player and hit select, the files are not viewable from there. Can someone give me a detailed account of how to do this?

spursdude
12-19-2002, 01:03 AM
Do you get any error message? It could just be that you are downloading a file either not compatible with WMP or encoded with an unreadable codec. More info would help a lot in this situtation.

mashtim
12-19-2002, 03:09 AM
Are you saving them into your My Documents folder?

JonnoB
12-19-2002, 03:19 AM

That is the key... WMP won't find the files elsewhere.

mashtim
12-19-2002, 06:44 PM
Yeah, what Jonno said.....

That said, however, I feel that I should point out that I currently have THREE My Documents folders on my e740 (trying VERY hard not to go into a rant about the advantages of dual expansion slots! :wink: ). WMP finds my music in My Docs, whether it is on the SD card, the CF card or the unit itself.

humanatek
12-19-2002, 09:35 PM

Actually, I thought I was. I tried it directly from my PDA and from the PC and then ActiveSyncing it to the PDA. It appears in my My Docments folder on the ActiveSync, but it is never avaiable when I open MediaPlayer. Also, it doesnt show up as a media player file, it shows up as a windows file.

JonnoB
12-19-2002, 09:38 PM

Actually, I thought I was. I tried it directly from my PDA and from the PC and then ActiveSyncing it to the PDA. It appears in my My Docments folder on the ActiveSync, but it is never avaiable when I open MediaPlayer. Also, it doesnt show up as a media player file, it shows up as a windows file.

Try using the File Explorer to see if when you click on the media file, it opens properly in WMP.

mashtim
12-20-2002, 01:19 AM
Another thing to be aware of:

WMP only reads files in My Docs and then one folder deeper. So, for example, the deepest you can go in the folder tree would be My Docs --->Music. If you put them into My Docs--->Music--->Blues, WMP will not find the files.

Sorry, should have included that in the earlier post.

spursdude
12-20-2002, 04:38 AM
Another thing to be aware of:

WMP only reads files in My Docs and then one folder deeper. So, for example, the deepest you can go in the folder tree would be My Docs --->Music. If you put them into My Docs--->Music--->Blues, WMP will not find the files.

Sorry, should have included that in the earlier post.

Hmmmm...Are you sure about that, Mashtim? On my storage card, WMP reads files 3 folders deep, i.e. My Documents>My Music>Artist. It works perfectly for me. Maybe I'm just weird... :D