View Full Version : Interesting Problems: Dissappearing Find and Missing .GIF for Themes

MLO
12-17-2002, 09:23 PM
I've got a Toshiba e310 that so far has been working beautifully for me. However two interesting problems have cropped up

Problem A
"Find" keeps dissappearing. I tap on Start Menu, then Find. When I attempt to enter text, I can usually enter one letter before the app just closes. Or, if I wait for a couple of seconds, the app just closes. Really closes too; a look in the Running Programs does not reveal the Find program running at all

Problem B
When attempting to switch a theme, I get a "File Not Copied" popup with the message "The file stwater.gif was not copied sucessfully. Try again?" and the options "Yes", "No", and "Cancel". Tapping yes does nothing, tapping no, or cancel continues the theme-switching. However, the menu bar does not change...it stays a blank white color.

Any ideas?

MLO

EDIT: Found the stwater.gif file. Its located in the \Windows directory, and is a 0 byte file that is not an image. Any ideas?

Brad Adrian
12-17-2002, 09:36 PM
Problem A might be caused by another app running in the background that's "grabbing" control of the device, even momentarily. Judging by how quickly it happens, it might be some form of monitoring application that pings device components frequently for their status. Do you have any battery monitors or such loaded?

MLO
12-17-2002, 09:46 PM
Problem A might be caused by another app running in the background that's "grabbing" control of the device, even momentarily. Judging by how quickly it happens, it might be some form of monitoring application that pings device components frequently for their status. Do you have any battery monitors or such loaded?

I have Omega One's Battery Pack loaded...but I'm only using the Program Bar...not the Battery Bar.

I do have the new app that gives additional functionality to the Close Button, Alarms and IE (can't think of the name), but the problem was happening before this was loaded.

MLO