View Full Version : Help me out - Advice for a Newbie...

Gearhead
12-17-2002, 12:21 AM
I am going to get a pocket PC within the next week as a 1st-time user. I am leaning VERY heavily toward the Ipaq 3955, but the 3835 Vs. the Axim still has me waffling... Give you $.02 for the newbie here, I need the boost in productivity and want the best for my $.

Thanks!

KyleC
12-17-2002, 02:22 AM
Since the iPAQ has been qut for a while, TONS of expansion options are available for it! :D The Axim, however, just came out 1 month - 2 days ago, meaning that there are far fewer keyboards, modems, sleeves, etc. for it. The 3800 I believe has bluetooth (not that you'd need it :wink: ) but it's always nice to have.

Sheynk
12-17-2002, 02:32 AM
I have a 3955.

Whatever they say......it does not matter. It has been flawless so far and Xscale performance is awesome (especialy in motocross and argentum). The larger screen is VERY nice. dont worry about pixelation...there is none. The quality of the screen is amazing.

Sure you can be a dude and get a Dell, but my solid advice is: There is no way that its just sheer volume that is making the Axim soooooo cheap for its features, some hardware has to be cheap stuff.