View Full Version : 5450 MAC Address

DoughboyWebDev
12-16-2002, 04:22 PM
Has anyone had problems with getting the 5450 online with a wireless LAN that is using MAC Filtering? I had my Sys Admins add the MAC Address that appears in the WLAN Status area and I can't find an access point. I am online fine at home where I have an open network. Anyone run into this problem?

Gremmie
12-16-2002, 05:48 PM
I've had that problem with my Toshiba

DoughboyWebDev
12-16-2002, 05:50 PM
Actually, we figured it out. With the new software for the WLAN, you may need to set the actual SSID of the Access Point. In the past, and with other drivers and IPAQs, the SSID of "ANY" would work. It may still work with some configurations, but if you are having trouble, try setting the actual SSID.

Gremmie
12-16-2002, 05:57 PM
Ya, it was how I always have it

Janak Parekh
12-16-2002, 06:10 PM
Actually, we figured it out. With the new software for the WLAN, you may need to set the actual SSID of the Access Point. In the past, and with other drivers and IPAQs, the SSID of "ANY" would work. It may still work with some configurations, but if you are having trouble, try setting the actual SSID.
If your business is also not "broadcasting" the SSID, which a lot of places do to improve security, "ANY" wouldn't work -- on any card.

--janak

DoughboyWebDev
12-16-2002, 06:41 PM
The weird thing is that everyone else is using the "ANY" SSID. They are mostly using WL100 Compaq Cards. I was and still am using "ANY" with my 3955 and a Linksys card. Just one of those quirks.

Janak Parekh
12-16-2002, 09:53 PM
The weird thing is that everyone else is using the "ANY" SSID. They are mostly using WL100 Compaq Cards. I was and still am using "ANY" with my 3955 and a Linksys card. Just one of those quirks.
Hmm. Does sound like a quirk in the Compaq software. Anyone else using "ANY" with 5450's? Maybe it's supposed to be "any" with this setup instead? :)

--janak