View Full Version : iPAQ 5450 headphone volumne!!!!!!!!!!

The Half-Ling
12-16-2002, 02:55 AM
ok, I just got my new iPAQ 5450 AND I ABSOLUTLY LOVE IT, everything about it rocks...only one small problem i seemed to notice, the volumne of headphones when they are plugged in isn't very loud. even on full volumne...nothing compared to the 36xx/37xx (only other iPAQ i have)...everything else is abosolutly great, except for that, I called HP/Compaq and they are going to look into it, but does anyone aroud here have any suggestions...

Thanks,
Jake[/img]

protocol01
12-16-2002, 03:44 AM
I have the same problem, very frustrating.

DoughboyWebDev
12-16-2002, 05:53 PM
I am also not thrilled with the location for the jack. I like to plug my speakers in to listen to MP3's while its cradled. I guess that's out now. Although it looks like it will be nicer for listening in the car. The cords will dangle from the bottom, not over the screen

Janak Parekh
12-16-2002, 06:15 PM
ok, I just got my new iPAQ 5450 AND I ABSOLUTLY LOVE IT, everything about it rocks...only one small problem i seemed to notice, the volumne of headphones when they are plugged in isn't very loud. even on full volumne...nothing compared to the 36xx/37xx (only other iPAQ i have)...everything else is abosolutly great, except for that, I called HP/Compaq and they are going to look into it, but does anyone aroud here have any suggestions...
Ironically, I found the 3600 series excessively loud. The kind of headphones you use can sometimes make a difference - especially cheap foam ones, which need a lot of power to get decent volume. I've used decent-quality Sony earbuds for the last few years; admittedly, I haven't tried them with the 5450 yet, but on my 3650 I had to keep it at the very, very, very lowest setting to prevent them from being painfully loud. The 3800 series was "much better" in my opinion - I leave it in the lower 30%. I'd suspect I'd have similar results with the 5450.

--janak

Scott M. Foster
01-26-2003, 09:08 PM
Can anyone help me with this problem. When I was running Pocket PC 2000 my speaker sound was random at best. Now that I have upgraded to 2002 I get no speaker sound. I understand that this is a common probem and that soldering a jumper is required. I need some serious specific directon on how to do this operation and to find out what part I need to buy to solder in. Please help!!!!

Sincerely, Scott