View Full Version : This may be the stupidest question asked yet!

jayman
12-13-2002, 03:41 PM
However:

What's the deal with the hole on the bottom.
Is it actually a USB port or what.
If not can someone provide more info on it's structure.
Thanks.

Jayman.

"The French have a name for people like me" - Dellboy Trotter.

Janak Parekh
12-13-2002, 04:56 PM
Huh? Which hole are you talking about? If you're talking about the one that interfaces with the cradle, it's a USB/serial connection, but from a USB standpoint it's a USB client/guest (not a host, to which you can attach USB keyboards, etc.)

Only the Casio E-200 and the Toshiba e740 have built-in USB host capability, AFAIK.

--janak

Pony99CA
12-13-2002, 08:57 PM
However:

What's the deal with the hole on the bottom.
Is it actually a USB port or what.
If not can someone provide more info on it's structure.

If you want a real answer about the structure, you might want to post what model Pocket PC Phone Edition you have. There are at least two -- the T-Mobile/O2/etc. XDA ones and the Jornada 928 WDA.

You also shouldn't assume everyone knows you were talking about a Pocket PC Phone Edition -- not everybody comes across this through the forums. For example, I always check out the Last Ten Posts, but almost never go to the forum pages directly. If I hadn't specifically checked to see what topic your question was posted under, I wouldn't have known you were even asking about the Phone Edition.

Steve

jayman
12-16-2002, 05:19 PM
Sorry Steve,

You are right that was a very lazy posting, in my defense I read the pocket Pc passion forum as well which seperates the pocket pc phone edition devices and must have forgot. Appologies!

The question I have then - which I will try to phrase as correctly as I can, is:

On the XDA / T-mobile / SX45 - HTC designed pocket PC phone edition.
The usb / serial connector on the bottom of the handset is as said above
only a client/guest connection. Is it possible for this to be upgraded to host capabilities like the Toshiba e740 without upgrading the hardware.
I.E. can this be upgraded by a firmware or software patch/fix. I do not mean is there one available. I mean theoretically is it possible?

Thanks in advance,

Jayman.

gareth
12-16-2002, 05:30 PM
Would that mean that we would be able to use our new cameras?
:multi: