View Full Version : Any CF/SD Incompatibilities and Pocket IE.

PapaSmurfDan
12-12-2002, 12:40 AM
Hi everyone, hopefully I will be a proud owner of a new Dell Axim soon. Its replacing my old dieing laptop and my half dead mp3cd player.

I was originally looking at a Toshiba e740 (mainly due for its built in wifi and the massive amounts of rebates) and axed that choice once I read that it was picky about SD ram (also the long list of bugs didn't help). Because my CF slot is going to be taken up by a WiFi card most of the time and only by a large cf card while at the gym or in the car, I will be using the SD card for extra program storage.

Before I go and buy a SD card along with my WiFi card, are there any known CF/SD ram card incompatibilites with the Dell?

Because this is replacing my laptop, how useable is Pocket IE? I plan on using it to waste time between classes and look up random information while away from a real computer. I don't expect it to be perfect. Is it at least usable for most reasonable sites (I would concider this site reasonable along with Yahoo's news page and slashdot's front page)?

Thanks.
-Dan