View Full Version : can someone e-mail me the new media player 8.5

Hank Scorpio
12-11-2002, 09:04 PM
Hey everybody, just wondering if someone can email me the new media player .exe so I can drop it in my PPCPE which hasn't been given a EEU3 yet. I just want to see if it'll work if not I'll copy the old .exe back in, no biggie. I don't think it'll hurt anything and I can get a little inprovement in my media player. I asked for this in another thread but I didn't get anything send it to [email protected]

thanks!

Dave Beauvais
12-12-2002, 05:41 AM
... I asked for this in another thread but I didn't get anything ...
You probably didn't get anything because distributing that program would be in violation of the Pocket PC license agreement. You'll have to wait for your OEM to release EUU3.

--Dave

Hank Scorpio
12-12-2002, 06:33 AM
yeah, no bites, I have an Ipaq 3630 as well as an T-mobile PPCPE, and I updated the ipaq with compaqs EEU3, and for some reason they don't let you upgrade the media player to 8.5, anyone know how to extract it from the cab file and I'll do it myself? maybe?

I just want to try this and see if it works, I don't want to install the whole EUU3 to my t-mobile, just because I'm in Canada and I don't wanna do anything that may cause me to send it away.

FredMurphy
12-12-2002, 12:08 PM
This hardly seems like copyright violation, just someone wanting to try something out while waiting for their official EUU3!

I tried copying the EXE for you (both via ActiveSync and File Explorer) and got "Executable and recource files in ROM cannot be copied". No idea how to read the contents of the .001, .002, etc. files that come in EUU3_eng.cab

Sorry I can't be more help.