View Full Version : Pocket Genesis

Rirath
12-11-2002, 01:49 PM
Anyone had any luck with Pocket Genesis on the Axim? I just get a blank screen if loading from RAM, or a storage card error if loading from CF.

Xyress
12-11-2002, 01:51 PM
Which Pocket Genesis are you using? (maybe there's just one?). I've never tried one before, but would be interested to see how well it runs when my Axim finally arrives - do you have a link?

Rirath
12-12-2002, 12:12 PM
The only one I know of: http://www.pocketemulator.com/genesis.html It seems to have no sound, but users say it's faster than the SNES bunch. Sounds worth tinkering with, but I've had no luck with it on the Axim yet.

enemy2k2
12-13-2002, 04:13 AM
Anyone had any luck with Pocket Genesis on the Axim? I just get a blank screen if loading from RAM, or a storage card error if loading from CF.

I get the blank screen as well...

I tried out the 'bleeding edge' snes emulator @
http://paqpark.nuclearfallout.net/projects/pocketsnes.php

That's painfully slow though for me, would like to know how it goes on your 400Mhz unit...

I just installed pocket vcs and like 600 atari roms :D

But my favourites have to pocketclive...which is just perfection...

and pocketnes works well with most games, at full speed, and sound isn't so bad either - just a bit dirty...

I need a memory card bad :D

Let me know how whichever ones you are trying work out for you, im more interested in ones that can do or at least come near full speed with/without sound. Thanks!

PS - Have you tried mame yet?

enemy2k2
12-13-2002, 04:39 AM
I almost forgot just how crappy the 2600 was .... :lol:

GoldKey
12-13-2002, 12:49 PM
I'm new to PocketNES. Everything looks/sounds great to me, but I have problems with mapping the buttons. The default settings don't work with my Axim buttons. I can get them mapped but I don't see a save function for that, so every time I load it, I have to remap everything (well not everything, but the 4 buttons on the front are not right).

Chris

Xyress
12-13-2002, 03:26 PM
Yeah ... I once had Pocket VCS (Atari) loaded on my EM-500, but I too forgot how bad the games were. 'twas a simpler time!

As for PocketNES, the button mappings *used* to get saved until the developer started working on it again about a year ago. Then somewhere along the lines, he introduced that new bug. AFAIK, there is no way to keep the settings.

I use YAME exclusively now for NES games - better sound and speed from what I can tell.