View Full Version : Excel?

rob hulett
12-11-2002, 03:41 AM
I've got my pocket excel files stored on a compact flash card. I can open the files thru file explorer or by using a shortcut in smallmenu. the problem I'm having is when i open up just excel the files don't show up in the list. The only files that show up are the ones that reside directly in my documents folder on the Ipaq. They won't even show up if I have a sub folder in the my documents folder. What gives? I have deleted the ignore_my_docs file on the cards I have(although it keeps coming back). On a side note does anyone know how to get your settings option to show up on the smallmenu?

Steven Cedrone
12-11-2002, 10:17 AM
I have deleted the ignore_my_docs file on the cards I have(although it keeps coming back).

You delete the ignore_my_docs file on the card and it comes back? After deleteing the file, did you create a My Documents folder on the card and place the files in there?

Steve

rob hulett
12-11-2002, 01:09 PM
No, was I supposed to?

blazingwolf
12-11-2002, 02:36 PM
Yes. You need to add a my documents file so that all of the microsoft files will be found by there prospective programs. After creating it, excel should see the file. :D

Steven Cedrone
12-11-2002, 07:49 PM
Yes. You need to add a my documents file so that all of the microsoft files will be found by there prospective programs. After creating it, excel should see the file. :D

What he said... :wink:

Steve

Just make sure that after you create the "My Documents" folder, you delete the ignore_my_docs file again...