View Full Version : Switching from Palm to a Pocket PC, Question on wi-fi

JohnnyFlash
12-11-2002, 03:11 AM
I'm switching from a Palm M505 to a Pocket PC (probably a dell axim 400mhz) Now I was wondering, do they make a compact flash wi-fi adapter or something like that so I can connect via wireless?

The Big Jay
12-11-2002, 03:16 AM
I'm switching from a Palm M505 to a Pocket PC (probably a dell axim 400mhz) Now I was wondering, do they make a compact flash wi-fi adapter or something like that so I can connect via wireless?

Yes. The most common Type I CF WiFi cards are the ones from Socket, Netgear, D-Link and Linksys.

The socket's very low powered but also quite expensive :cry: :cry: :cry: $233 CAN at cendirect.com

Brad Adrian
12-11-2002, 04:15 AM
You might want to take a look here (http://pocketpcthoughts.pricegrabber.com/search_gen.php?form_keyword=compact%20flash%20802.11&topcat_id=1&found=2&ut=cf8c942172e8d094) for some lower prices.

Pony99CA
12-11-2002, 05:07 AM
I posted this in another thread a couple of days ago. Check out Chris De Herrera's Compact Flash WiFi adapter list (http://www.cewindows.net/peripherals/cfwirelesslan.htm).

Steve

JohnnyFlash
12-11-2002, 08:48 AM

Yes. The most common Type I CF WiFi cards are the ones from Socket, Netgear, D-Link and Linksys.

The socket's very low powered but also quite expensive :cry: :cry: :cry: $233 CAN at cendirect.com

Yea but i think the price makes up for it with the Axim being so cheap compared to a Pocket PC that has Wi-Fi already in it. If I'm wrong though someone please set me straight. I'm kind of making a blind jump into the Pocket PC world