View Full Version : e740 and bluetooth and wifi

jim s
12-10-2002, 10:48 PM
I was debugging a icon in my games menu (another issue) and went looking for ceshell.dll in the windows folder on my e740. While scrolling down the list, I noticed a file with no icon next to it called bpu and wondered what it was. I clicked on it, of course. I didn't notice anything different at first, then saw that on my today screen, where there is usually the icon at the top for wifi on/off, was a different icon - a dialog type icon. So of course I clicked on it. What I got was a Bluetooth on/off option and a wireless on/off option. I realize that it is only the software, and I don't have bluetooth, just thought it was interesting to find.

Now to figure out my ceshell problem...

Magick72
12-11-2002, 01:10 AM
The Toshiba e740 does have wireless capability built into it. WiFi 802.11b.

jim s
12-11-2002, 01:17 AM
I know. What mine doesn't have is bluetooth. I found the software that allows you to turn it off/on, though. That was what I was commenting on. :)

Janak Parekh
12-11-2002, 01:47 AM
Makes sense. It would be easier for Toshiba to have one ROM image as opposed to two.

--bdj

JonnoB
12-11-2002, 02:37 AM
Toshiba supposedly prepared a WiFi or Bluetooth model... a choice between the two - but never both. I would not be surprised to see the BT SDIO card work with that software though.

rfook
01-11-2004, 04:57 PM
Jim S. - going back to your original post - did you ever fix the problem with Ceshell and Games icon problem? (I think I have the same problem with my iPAQ. I have a new icon in my Games folder and when I tap on it, I get a message "Ceshell, -162 blah blah blah")