View Full Version : Version Number Confusion on iPaq H3650

nozy
12-10-2002, 09:18 PM
I know this is probably a stupid question because it looks like the answer to the first question is obvious, but I am so confused about all of these updates EUU's, etc., I'm not sure of anything anymore. When I do a soft reset there is a number 2.20 in the bottom right hand corner of my screen. Does that represent the ROM version? If so is the ROM version for my 3650, which is 2.20 newer or older than 2.14?

Does it in anyway indicate that Pocket PC 2002 has been successfully loaded?

Does that in anyway indicate which EUU's have been successfully loaded?

When I soft reset, there is another number immediately above the 2.20 which says P1.04, what is that? What does it represent? :oops: :?

Janak Parekh
12-10-2002, 11:11 PM
I know this is probably a stupid question because it looks like the answer to the first question is obvious, but I am so confused about all of these updates EUU's, etc., I'm not sure of anything anymore. When I do a soft reset there is a number 2.20 in the bottom right hand corner of my screen. Does that represent the ROM version? If so is the ROM version for my 3650, which is 2.20 newer or older than 2.14?
2.20 is the latest PPC2002 ROM for the 3600's - 3800's.

Does that in anyway indicate which EUU's have been successfully loaded?
No :( The only way to check definitively on the 3650's is to try and reinstall EUU3, or to check filestamps against a friend's. On the 3700 and 3800's you can verify the version of WMP installed (EUU3 delivers 8.5 for those platforms).

When I soft reset, there is another number immediately above the 2.20 which says P1.04, what is that? What does it represent? :oops: :?
I believe that's a hardware revision number or somesuch.

--bdj