View Full Version : EEU Updates, Accessories, etc.

Monty Gibson
12-10-2002, 08:58 PM
I've had a few questions lately (3 actually) and after much time on the phone with a 3rd tier T-Mobile tech "guru" over in England this is what I have found out:

1.) EUU (End User Update: where the software is updated/upgraded) will be available for the T-Mobile in U.S.A. in the first quarter of 2003 and those of us who have the T-Mobile/XDA will receive an SMS message stating where to download it from. Yay! :)

2.) They are referring people who want an actual "keyboard" to here:
http://datanywhere.net/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=DI&Category_Code=XDOTH as if that was a shock. But he didn't know if and when a thumb board was even going to come out. It really doesn't matter... does it? That would mean a totally new case design and I don't want to spend another $100+ dollars on a case just to have a thumb board. I'd rather just have the regular thin keyboard. Anyway...

3.) My last question is answered (hopefully :roll: by number "1.") and that is a software bug fix that will enable the phone to automatically dial out and retrieve e-mail. It does NOT retrieve e-mail automatically, even the gentleman in England stated so and so did the second tier tech support woman stated as such. So those who do have phones that can do this :?: I guess you can consider yourself lucky :?:. They said it "should" be fixed with the EUU.

Take care,
Monty Gibson