View Full Version : Keyboards are backordered until 12/17!

Pat Logsdon
12-10-2002, 08:46 PM
I just got off the phone w/Dell and they informed me that the keyboards are backordered, and are not set to ship until the 17th. Since they're considered a bundle w/the Axims at this point, the Axim will not ship until all of the components for the bundle are in stock, even if the Axim is ready to ship now.

I'm attempting to get them to split my order so I get the Axim now and the keyboard when it's available, and J'll give another update with whether that worked or not. :) So far, it's proving to be a little difficult.

smapdi636
12-13-2002, 04:39 PM
Any luck?

I ordered (with keyboard) on 12/6 and mine still sits in pre-production. :(

Janak Parekh
12-13-2002, 04:45 PM
I'm attempting to get them to split my order so I get the Axim now and the keyboard when it's available, and J'll give another update with whether that worked or not. :) So far, it's proving to be a little difficult.
Can they cancel and reissue your order as two separate pieces? You might still get the Axim before Christmas then (if that's your target).

--janak

Pat Logsdon
12-13-2002, 05:34 PM
Can they cancel and reissue your order as two separate pieces? You might still get the Axim before Christmas then (if that's your target).
Nope - I tried that, no luck. I talked to 4 different people at Dell the other day, the first one said it was possible, but he couldn't do it, so he transferred me to software and peripherals, since the keyboard is a peripheral. Ok, makes sense, kinda.

Peripheral guy said it wasn't possible, and that he couldn't do it. After talking to him for about 10 minutes, he finally said that MAYBE the original rep that sold it to me over the phone could do it, no one else would have the necessary access. Which is wonderful, since the phone rep didn't give me his info, and I forgot to ask for it. He said he'd have someone from the Outbound call group call me back in no more than 2 hours, GUARANTEED.

Four hours later, having not received a call, I called back and pressed buttons to talk to the Phone Sales group. I was on hold for 15 minutes, then was hung up on. IN SALES! Not good - you'd think that at least they'd try to make the ordering process as glitch-free as possible.

Tried back. Another 15 minutes, got some lady who said that it wasn't possible to split orders, monkeys would fly out of her butt before it happened (well, she didn't say that, but she IMPLIED it), etc. She then told me that I could cancel the ENTIRE ORDER and reorder w/o the keyboard, BUT that it wouldn't ship until JANUARY. She said that she had just cancelled an order done around my time (11/26) and had reordered it for someone just a few minutes ago, and the ship date was January 12th.

So although I was torn, I decided NOT to cancel the order, since three people had assured me that the keyboards would be arriving on 12/17, without fail, and my order would ship the next day. To date, my shipping time has not changed from the 18th.

The icing on the cake, Part I: I received a humorous call from a woman in the Outbound Call Group the NEXT DAY, at around noon. She sounded like she was yelling into the phone, kept calling me "hon", and said that I shouldn't cancel my "Axium" order. Thanks. :roll:

The icing on the cake, Part II: Just read a post on the Dell forum about a guy who ordered on 12/7 and had it shipped 12/11:
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=AximOrder&message.id=962

The icing on the cake, Part III: Some guy on the Dell forum got his order split yesterday. http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=AximOrder&message.id=918

So now I sit and stew. Tomorrow, I will seethe, and perhaps fume a bit. :x