View Full Version : dell keyboard options

jdavis
12-09-2002, 07:45 PM
are there any other options for a keyboard besides the $99 dell one?

Sven Johannsen
12-09-2002, 08:42 PM
Not yet it appears. The only one(s) with a chance of working right now are the IR ones. I have read that that one isn't quite supported yet but they are working on a driver patch.

For the other options, the manufacturers would have to gear up with Dell specific connectors.

style26062
12-10-2002, 12:05 AM
I can't find the Axim Keyboard? Where is it?

Pat Logsdon
12-10-2002, 01:07 AM
I can't find the Axim Keyboard? Where is it?

Go to the "Customize It" page on Dell's site, and you should see it listed as an option. If you click the "Learn More" link to the right, you'll see more info, and a picture.

Here's the link:

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.asp?customer_id=19&order_code=PDA2

Also, I just found out that if this is the same keyboard as the Belkin G700, it has an AC plug, so it can recharge the PPC while you're using the keyboard. Very very nice.

AND, if you go to Belkin's site, they have a very nice animation on their front page showing how the keyboard folds up. Pretty cool!

style26062
12-10-2002, 01:09 AM
Ok I found that. Where can I order it seperate. I ordered the Axim already?

Pat Logsdon
12-10-2002, 01:14 AM
Ok I found that. Where can I order it seperate. I ordered the Axim already?
It's not available yet for separate purchase. When they are, it should be available in their peripherals section.

If you've already ordered, you should be able to call Dell and have them add it to your existing order.

Good luck!

dr_doak
12-10-2002, 01:19 AM
You oughta wait til next year for a kayboard... Someone (I forget who exactly) is coming out with a pack of gum sized unit that projects a kayboard on a desk. It then sees where the beam is broken, thereby letting you type on your desk surface or whatever...

Sounds real cool, hope it ends up working as advertised 8)

Can't find a real product page yet, but there are a plethora of websites for it... (Called the VKB)

Here's one preview:
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_548253.html